Join the Team
- Due to the nature of Search and Rescue operations, it is of extreme importance that regular training is conducted and members are outfitted with the proper equipment. To these ends, regular training is a must and attendance rosters are kept. Member’s basic equipment will be inspected at regular intervals to ensure compliance with the minimums required.
Critera for a Probationary Member
- New members will be given a 12 Month probationary period. During this time the probationary member must demonstrate his or her professional intentions and capabilities to the organization.
- During the probationary period, the new member will be given two performance evaluations (reviews) at 120 days and again at 240 days of membership.
- All members are required to attend 70% of all organized functions (missions, training, public outreach).
- At the end of the probationary period, the Search and Rescue Board will review the member and evaluate probationary members attendance and performance. If the board deems the member has met the criteria outlined in the core curriculum, he or she shall be awarded a permanent membership and issued a permanent Sheriff's Office Identification Card.